Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Rockin' 80's Refash

Last week the hubby took me to see my most favorite rock band: Foreigner!!! O-M-G I can't begin to tell you guys how happy I was! I LOVE every single one of their songs!
DSCN1296
This lovely vest shirt was given to me by our roomie, who actually move out and is not a roomie anymore :(
I began by turning it inside out and putting it on my dress form: Sally.
DSCN1298
I took the sides in a bit, about 1 inch. I stitched the sides up and that was it! Shirt: done!
Now for this next part...don't judge me!
DSCN1299
This is something I usually frown upon....Undergarments as OUTERgarments. But seeing that this was a rock concert I made an exception.
But this undergarment will not do all by it's self! It needed some pizzazz!
QUE THE BLING!
DSCN1300
I picked up some sticky rhinestones and sheet of rhinestones and stuck that on to add some pizzazz! Ohhh Yeah!
IMG_0166[387]
Foreigner was SO AMAZING!!! I was so happy I finally got to see them in concert! Plus I made a rockin' outfit!
IMG_0174[383]
I also made these cut off shorts a few years ago! Bonus! I think they really completed my outfit! (I had to take my after picture after the show due to the horrible downpour of rain during the show).

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog: http://therefashstash.wordpress.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has named her dress form ;-)

whatthesew said...

I think you pulled it off.

I Can Work With That said...

You made a great rock star outfit. haha, I love the bling-bra. Not for work but perfect for the rock concert. Awesome, I love it.
Chickie