Monday, May 21, 2018

Make a Flouncy T-shirt from a Maxi Skirt


I bought the striped maxi skirt with grand plans of remaking it into a dress.  I later found out the fabric was so thin you could see the color of my bra through it.  Time to rethink this project.  Instead of a dress, I remade the skirt into a t-shirt with a flounce collar to hide my bra.




I used an old but loved t-shirt to trace out the bodice.



With the rest of the fabric, I made a circle and cut out the neckline.


Pin the right side of the flounce to the wrong side of the bodice at the neckline.  Sew the neckline and flip the flounce to the front.


The flounce covers my boobs perfectly!


Check out the flounce from the back.  I think the back view is prettier than the front.




4 comments:

whatthesew said...

This looks very well executed, top quality photos too.

I Can Work With That said...

I love the shape around the shoulders. Very pretty.
Chickie

Kathy W. - One Brown Mom said...

This is a REALLY cute idea!

TheRefashStash said...

Super cute! Great job!

-TheRefashStash